1) What information do we collect?
We collect data about patients who use our services that is relevant to their healthcare and that allows Bhatnagar Advanced Dental Care to deliver its services to our patients. We process personal information about our patients, customers, suppliers and employees.
The types of data we may collect are listed below and we will only use that data in ways relevant to carrying out our legitimate purposes and functions and in a way that is not detrimental to the interests of our patients or employees. Bhatnagar Advanced Dental Care will take particular care in the collection and storage of any personal sensitive data. Everyone working within Bhatnagar Advanced Dental Care has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. Similarly, anyone who receives information from us has a legal duty to keep it confidential.
Collection of data:
The dental professionals caring for you keep records about your health and any treatment and care you receive from our practices. These records help to ensure that you receive the best possible care. They may be written down in paper records or held on computer. These records may include:
- 1. Basic details about you such as name, address, date of birth, next of kin, etc.
- 2. Contact we have had with you such as appointments.
- 3. Notes and reports about your health, treatment and care.
- 4. Results of x-rays.
- 5. Relevant information from people who care for you and know you well such as health professionals and relatives.
- 7. Financial information for payment of any treatments
It is essential that your details are accurate and up to date. Always check that your personal details are correct when you visit us and please inform us of any changes as soon as possible.
How your personal information is used:
Your records are used to direct, manage and deliver the care you receive to ensure that:
- 1. The dental professionals involved in your care have accurate and up to date information to assess your oral health and decide on the most appropriate care for you..
- 2. Healthcare professionals have the information they need to be able to assess and improve the quality and type of care you receive..
- 3. Your concerns can be properly investigated if a complaint is raised..
- 4. Appropriate information is available if you see another dental professional, or are referred to a specialist..
- 5. From time-to-time we may use your contact information to send you details of products and services offered in our practices that directly relate to your oral healthcare.
We may collect technical data about the type of Internet browser and computer operating system that you use. This information does not identify you as an individual and is used only for tracking of site use.
Bhatnagar Advanced Dental Care may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- 1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- 2. If Bhatnagar Advanced Dental Care or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or unsubscribing via our email communications. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Bhatnagar Dental Care & Implant Centre
# 1498/1, Outram Lines,
Opp BBM(DTC) Depot,
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
When you visit this site we may send “cookies” to your computer primarily to enhance your on-line experience. “Cookies” are files which can identify you as a unique viewer and store your personal preferences as well as technical information. On their own, cookies do not contain or reveal any personal information. However, if you choose to furnish the site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookies.
We may also collect certain anonymous technical information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- 1. Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- 2. Send you general (non-marketing) communications;
- 3. Send you email notifications;
- 4. Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- 5. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website; and
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- 1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- 2. In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- 3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(5) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted [using SSL technology].
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
(8) Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.